1. Repeat Super Bowl Championship for the New Orleans Saints.
2. Tie Ken Feinberg to the left upright of the goalpost and Bob Dudley to the right so even if Garret Hartley bounces one during said Super Bowl, I still get a sense of satisfaction.
3. Bobby Jindal marooned, stranded on one of his sand berms with David Vitter, the Skipper and Gilligan.
4. Save Charity Hospital
5. Full financial compensation for the entire Gulf Coast.
6. Levees that do what they are supposed to do, not just hold plaques and look nice.
7. Lil’ Wayne to hold a benefit for non-violence in the Superdome, with all proceeds going to jobs and after-school programs for the youth of New Orleans.
8. Ronal Serpas to really be successful with reforming the NOPD.
9. Ray Nagin in prison.
10. The beginning of a serious coastal restoration program, not just a token one or a photo-op for Jindal and Obama, and certainly not just another fucking study.
11. Sitting down by the Mississippi River and sipping a drink, or a good cup of coffee as many times as possible.
12. Another dinner at Adolfo’s on Frenchmen.
13. Real mental health assistance for people in the City of New Orleans. (also, see #4)
14. Improving the level of education, kindergarten through college for everybody, and especially for those with special needs or who need extra attention.
15. Peace on earth and good will tow…nah, did Verdi Marte reopen yet?
16. One more Rebirth Brass Band show at the Maple Leaf.
17. Lower rents.
18. Did I mention the Saints repeating? I did? Okay how about the San Jose Sharks winning their first NHL Championship. Hell, give me both…It’s my list. No, I know…the entire Atlanta Falcons team to be marooned with Jindal and Vitter and for the team to realize that Jindal and Vitter are the only food available.
Enjoy the holidays everybody, whatever they mean to you, and I’ll see ya in 20 days…
Happy December 25th.
One thought on “Christmas List…”